1 whole fish - cleaned and scaled
3 lemons/limes - sliced into rounds
2 teaspoon Tridosha Salt of the Sea
“Citrus Siam” Gourmet Salt and Pepper
Small bunch spring onions cut lengthways including green tops
Small bunch coriander roughly chopped
finely sliced ginger (half small knob)
Large banana leaf
Light olive oil
Half cup light soy sauce
1 desertspoon honey
2 teaspoons grated ginger
6 drops sesame oil
Quarter cup lemon/lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Lay banana leaf onto large flat oven tray . Lighly oil leaf.
3. Place fish onto centre of leaf
4. Layer lemon/lime slices, fresh coriander and ginger inside fish cavity and sprinkle all over with Tridosha Salt of the Sea “Citrus Siam” Gourmet Salt and Pepper.
5. Wrap banana leaf over fish to create parcel and place into oven.
6. Bake for 20 mins (dependent upon size of fish) - fish cooked when fish eye is white.
7. While fish is baking make dipping sauce by combining all ingredients and stirring until honey is disolved.
8. Remove fish from oven and open parcel.
9. Brush fish lighly with a very small amount of light olive oil (you can use the coriander stalks as a herb brush) and quickly plavce under a very hot grill for 3-5mins or until the fish looks a lovely crisp light golden.
10. Serve with dipping sauce, rice and salad of baby spinach, coriander, fresh julienne carrot & spring onion strips.